Life in the Barbiano/Barbian kitchens, bakeries and distilleries would be unimaginable without the plum
. And that’s why, for two weeks in September, the “Town with the Leaning Tower” will be paying homage to the autumn fruit: Barbian hotels and restaurants will be serving speciality dishes made from Barbian plums, while in the shops you will find plum bread, plum cheese, dried plums and much more.
Plum festival in San Ingenuino/Barbiano
Date: 8th September 2019 - due to the bad weather forcast, the plum festival is cancelled
A mile of plums from Barbiano
- Beginning: 10 a.m. with a holy mass at the church of Saubach
- 12 noon: First slice of the plum strudel "Barbianer Zwetschkenstrudel"
- Entertainment with music until evening
Date: 14th September 2019
Discover the Barbiano plum at the plum trail.
- at 11 am with specialites of the Barbiano plums under the leaning tower of Barbiano and delicacies of the wood stove by Martin
- at 11 am puppet show
- 11 am - 6 pm live music with the music group "Enzianbuam"
- Activities for the children